I can be a little slow, clearly. This was most evident when I saw the title “Liebster award” tossed around and was eagerly awaiting the day I’d win this award for bloggers. Finally my moment came, a lovely fellow blogger Stella had nominated me for it-that’s when I realized. It was a tag! I would say the excitement was gone, but to be honest I was almost more excited to take part in such a fun blogger tradition! So thank you so much Stella for nominating me! It was terribly sweet of you (P.s. glad you love my blog’s name <3<3)
Let me begin with my nominations, these nominations were based on fellow blogger’s I’ve interacted with and appreciate them involving me in the beauty blogger community <3:
- Rachel from A Girl Recommends
- Tessa from Bubbles and Macaroons
- Nikki McCaig
- Reeva from Beauty By Reeva
- Kirsty from Boo Adventures
- Melia from Melia May
- Jessica from Jessica Jade
- Emily from Emily Rose
- All Things Lacquer
10 Facts about me!
- I start and end every day with YouTube beauty videos- it’s really a problem. I have to have one playing in the background while getting ready for the day!
- I’m at my happiest at home having a movie or TV show marathon with my Sister and best friend!
- I haven’t told anyone, but I have a feeling this following year will end up being a post-grad gap year where I fully pursue this world of Beauty Blogging.
- Doing that (3.) will be one of the biggest risks I’ve taken and biggest step I’ve taken where I only thought of myself and dedicated the decision to my happiness.
- My role model is my sister. She is my beauty goals, weight goals, life goals, and just human being goals. She is the purest most beautiful soul I know and my heart is consumed by her.
- I’m the luckiest person on earth because I have a best friend of 14 years that knows me better than anyone else and she is one of the only people (aside from my sister) that I can confidently say truly know Noha, entirely.
- I’m really confused. (I’m also sorry for taking this to such a deep place HAHA) I have no idea where my life is going, for 21 years my entire life has been following terms or semesters and a routing. For the first time I’m starting a blank page, and I’m so unsure of how to fill it. I decided to wing it and dedicate most of the year to staying with my sister in Cleveland while she completes her residency ( I told you, she’s impressive), but I have no idea if I’ll even still be there in a month.
- Let’s bring this back to a lighter place haha; I have for years known my list of favorite movies, easiest question I could answer. Stepbrothers, Scream, The Romantics, The Holiday and Corpse bride.
- I LOVE horror movies. Low budget, classics, remakes, new releases. I will watch any and all horror movies and it is definitely my top second obsession after makeup!
- Finally, I will never get a driver’s license because I’m terrified of driving. OK FINE, I’m terrified of u-turns and roundabouts.
My Answers to Stella’s Questions:
1.What is your dream career and why?
If you asked me this a year ago, I would’ve had an answer. If you asked me two months ago, I would’ve had a different one. Asking me now; yet another different one haha. I’ve always had a passion for writing with a side secret dream of opening my own bakery (random, I know). So that would’ve been my answer for years, then my rejection letter from Northwestern switched things up. I ended up studying politics and my passion for that grew. Before I knew it, masters a PhD and being a Professor was my dream career. Again, a rejection letter put that into perspective. 3 months later here I am, pursuing a passion of mine for years and giving it a chance – dedicating all my time and energy to beauty and making it a serious career is my new dream- and I’m happier than ever!
2. If you had the chance to meet any celebrity, deceased or living, who would you choose?
Oh my god Will Ferrell, no one can or ever will make me laugh as much as this man! Stepbrothers is definitely one of my top 5 favorite movies
3.If you were a super hero, what would your power be?
Invisibility. A)I’d love to disappear and go wherever I want to without anyone noticing me (probably some deep psychological explanation for that haha) and b) because I’d love to hide and hear what people in my life talk about when Im not there haha- I’m coming off a little crazy, I’ll stop there.
4.Heels or flats?
Flats. I’m physically incapable of walking in Heels- Graduation was the true test that confirmed that, barely lasted 20 minutes!
5.What is your most prized possession?
As of a week ago, my iPhone 6+. My closest friends made that dream come true and I’ve never had so much love for one object. Aside from that, I’d silly-ly say my Taylor Swift Wonderstruck perfume, I’ve tried to find it for years and my friend finally found it for my birthday last year and I’m saving it to use on my wedding day! (Yes, yes I just said that)
6.What is your favorite post that you have written?
So far, I think it would have to be a tie between the Big Girls Don’t Crease, and the Dry Shampoo That Actually Shampoos . The first mostly because I loved the title I came up with haha (you’ll understand it more when reading the post), but I love both because they are two products I will always for years recommend to anyone that asks me about beauty- they truly are holy grail and the best products in their categories.
7.What 3 words describe you best?
Passionate, Loving, a cheap laugh haha!
8.If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
I would have always answered back in the U.K where I grew up (shout out Dunstable). But over the past few years I’ve loved the idea of Florida, especially the more exposed to the makeup world I get, the more I feel like it’s a place where I’d really enjoy the community.
9.What would you do if you won the lottery?
Sephora/Asos haul? I mean come on, that’s obvious. But mostly I’d split it with my parents, will forever be trying to repay them considering I was one of the only two in my university who’s parents paid the entire fees for- no scholarships, sponsorships or outside help.
10.If you were a Griswold, who would you be?
I’d be confused considering I don’t know what a Griswold is, sounds magical though.
The Questions I’m Asking you!! 🙂
- What was the last beauty product you bought?
- Favourite movie?
- How many languages do you speak?
- If you had to pick a favourite YouTuber?
- Favourite childhood memory
- How do you prefer to start your day?
- Why did you start a blog?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years- in terms of beauty?
- University or life experience-which do you feel best prepares you for life?
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?