Let me just start with, this tag is not the one for me. Music is everything to me. I have a song for every emotion, and I always feel the need to apply a song to every situation- so naturally when faced with the task of choosing only 5 songs for one emotion, I lost my shit. The happiness tag is however the cutest tag I’ve seen on here, if I’m honest, and I’m so glad someone chose me to tag! Hannah, I can’t thank you enough! I really enjoyed your post and despite my premature bitching about the tag, it actually brings a smile to my face just thinking about it! If you haven’t checked out her beautiful blog yet, don’t waste another MINUTE!
So the rules are simple enough; 5 things that make you happy, 5 songs that make you happy, and 5 people to tag. Sounds simple, but impossible to do. Probably a good problem to have, not being able to narrow down the things that make you happy; I have a lot of people to thank for that 🙂
- Playing cards with the friends. It’s as simple as that. First of the list and the best.
- Watching a horror movie with my best friend and sister (can you tell I’m a very simple person). Probably just watching a horror movie in general if I’m honest.
- Listening to the few songs I’m going to mention in a little bit on a long empty road.
- Family. A really good day with family where the table is surrounded by us all laughing, just happiness.
- Writing for my blog. I didn’t realize this until recently. I went 5 days without writing, and I didn’t notice how happy it made me until I realized how unhappy I was without it. It was like there was a gap, and it’s kind of beautiful that I’ve finally found a hobby and possibly a career that brings so much happiness to me 🙂
I considered writing a short paragraph explaining why each song is so special, but I decided two things. First, it’s so personal to me (yes, I’m dramatic about my music) and I don’t want to taint it by sharing it. Second, I don’t want to make them about me, I’d rather share them and let everyone have their own experiences with them. Also, ok fine I’m sorry I couldn’t stick to 5, I COULDN’T DO IT.
- Just Like Heaven- The Cure
- Your Arms Around Me- Jens Lekman
- Asleep- The Smiths
- (Can’t) Seem to Make You Mine- The Clientele
- The Hardest Part- Coldplay
- If You Run- The Boxer Rebellion
- You’re The Best- Wet
- Speak Now- Taylor Swift
- Dare You To Move- Switchfoot
Finally, I’d like to nominate a few people whose presence in the beauty blogging world makes ME happy 🙂
- Lauren Sian, you know I had to mention you 😘😘
- Reeva Small
- Gigi , my OG Instagram beauty account favourite 😍😘
- Another Gigi, equally as loved haha 💕
- All Things Lacquer